01 April 2011

City Profile: Phoenix part 2

Part 1 of the City profile looked at tastey locavorian restaurants.  But now I've finally made my way to the farmer's market and super stoked to share!

Our apartment is located in Chandler, so using the Chandler City website I was able to track down when and where the farmer's market was held.

"Fa" is highlighted cause I was searching for "farmer" and took a screen shot.
Don't live in Chandler, but elsewhere in the greater Phoenix area, check out Arizona Community Farmer's Market.  They list out where and when Farmer's Markets are happening all over Phoenix.

Nestled in the public square ordained by the elementary school children's art, the local farmers, jewelry designers, soap makers, and off course kettle corn cart, set up for picturesque market.  Here's what I discovered and the loot I brought home:

Chick-A-Bee Gardens Stand
I purchased eggs from these lovely people.  They had a photo album of their pasture-raised happy chickens, and told me about the farm, the chickens' names, and all about chicken farming!  Chick-A-Bee's really made my trip. 
Look at the beautiful eggs!
I scored a ton of local produce, bread, and even tortillas.
All this for ~$30!
The cherry to my farmer's market sundae was a frozen treat from Paletas Betty.  Their Fresa Con Crema was hands down one of the best things I've ever put in my face!
I needed to stop to take a picture before I ate it all.
So victory for the Farmer's Market!

Next up will be the delicious creation I make with the fresh ingredients I procured on this adventure.





No comments: